Friday, December 24, 2010

Reality Shows

   So...I'm not really a reality show person per-say.  But, I have happened to of watched two shows based on obesity and weight loss. 
    What is interesting is that the first of the two shows is titled Ruby.  Essentially, she's gone from 700pds+ to 350pds (at end of season two).  It's amazing to observe how she thinks.  Never being morbidly obese myself, watching her learn to be an "average" person is eye-opening.  I've never thought about the fact that beds break at a certain weight point, chairs, with arms, a no-go, no high heels of any sort, having cement blocks under the bed to support the frame so the bed doesn't collapse or simply just walking.  I have to admit, seeing people that overweight can be a sight, but as Ruby has explained it, she put herself into that position, and has taken herself out.  But, at no point does she deserve to be treated like she isn't a human being.  
    I've also seen the latest (and only season I've seen) season of Biggest Loser.  Inspiring - the final four have to run a marathon!  If they can do it, going from 200pds-300pds in a matter of three months, makes me wonder what I could do.  Not that I want to run a marathon! ;) 


  It was so eye-opening to these people that have both taken accountability for their weight gain and have opened their personal lives and battle to the public - I applaud them, and it helps me keep motivated myself. Bravo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment